Search

Friday, October 17, 2008

Global Warning Issues

Maybe, this is the most common issue around the world now. As we can see, many calamities are happening in our world now. Like a strong storms, wildfires, tsunamis, and more. Maybe it is the God's warning to us that if don't do anything now, our beloved earth will die. Maybe not now, tomorrow, next month or next year. But sooner or later it will be. Maybe you will say that I am exaggerating. Yeah, I am, because I don't want or like that it will be happen in the future. Because if it is taken for granted, a bigger problem will happen. As I see the news all the day about wildfires and tornadoes, I can see that the damage it done is really big.

Some of the scientist and biologist are researching for the alternatives to minimize or completely prevent the global warming. Their effort and ideas and really good. But what a scientist can do without the help of the people that also destroys our world. What I mean is a cooperation. We need cooperation to prevent global warming. The polar ice are melting and the sea level are rising. That's really a problem. because if the ice in the region pole are all melts, our beloved world will be flooded. And if you had seen the movie "Water World", the scene will be happening in reality. That humans struggle to search for a land. Or the movie, "A i" or "Artificial intelligence" movie, that the major cities are flooded and the human are already living in th high mountains. That is good only for the huge country that has a huge and mountainous area. How about our country, where I live now, Our highest peek is only a several thousand meters only. We all here are doomed.

That's why, I am interesting of the new discovery and inventions. As I watch Discovery Channel, I can see that scientist are striving hard to discover and create innovations to minimize or to prevent the global warming getting warmer. Some invents machines that suck the CO2 and as an output and Oxygen. That’s a good idea, but in the long run, it is still not enough. Also, one biologist have a plan of reforestation. That's a wonderful idea. Right? The trees and plants needs CO2 in their photosynthesis. But still, it is not enough. Why? Until we still use fossil fuels and cut trees everyday. The efforts of our scientist are useless. As I said earlier, cooperation is all we need. Example, if we cooperate on recycling materials and minimize the use of the fossil fuels, there is a chance that we can prevent global warming. We have to look for some ideas for the alternatives for fossil fuels. Like the use of used vegetable oils as bio diesels, and water as fuels. There are much ideas that we can look but the support is also necessary. This well helps preventing global warming. The lesser we use fossil fuels, the lesser the CO2 we create. Also, the more we recycle, the lesser raw materials we need.

Our earth is really dying now. That’s why, we have to do something to stop it from happening. When will we do something, if the earth is already die and already too late? As time goes on, our earth is dying.

Reforestation is also a good idea for me. And because of that, I am interested of the ideas of replanting the forest. As I see in the Discovery Channel, they are trying some ideas like bombing the earth with seeds in the canisters. It is a good idea but, it is still luck of some innovations and research. Like on what happen on their test land, the seed dies before it grows. They test the mangrove seeds as a testing seed. It is done very well but the seed dies. So it is a failure. I have some ideas like, what if instead of using a seed, what if they use a small branch of mangroves, or the already grown mangroves. In this way, the mangrove can adjust to the acidity of the sand and can grow faster. And it has 80% chance of survival. Now, the problem is how to mass plant it. Yeah, it is a real problem. But its problem has a hidden solutions. Instead of bombing with seeds, what if we plant it like farmer ways. Maybe it is a very long time to reforest but in the long run, it can be done. Or, let say, the idea of bombing the land with seeds. As I observe, birds and bats are also a seed bombers. And they flies in a low altitude. What if they bomb it more lowly than they do before? It’s okay in a higher speed because the plant can land more safely and less impact to ground. The lesser the impact, the more chance to grow.

No comments: